UK Trade & Investment (UKTI)
What is UK Trade & Investment (UKTI)?
UK Trade & Investment is the Government organisation that helps UK based companies succeed in international markets. It also assists overseas companies to invest in the UK's economy.
UKTI works with companies from all industries and sectors including tourism. Every business is treated individually and offered a tailored service and specialist support.
What does it do?
Information and Opportunities
UKTI offers access to a wide range of information and research on international markets and business opportunities.
Advice and Support
Getting started in international business can be daunting, that's why UKTI offers high quality advice and support.
UKTI provides access to information and opportunities that allows companies to make informed decisions to take their business further, faster.
Regional and locally based UKTI International Trade Advisers (ITAs) provide impartial advice on all aspects of exporting. They work with a network of staff based in British Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions worldwide. There are three ITAs based in Cumbria.
What Does UKTI Offer?
• Practical support to help identify and explore opportunities in international markets.
• Expertise and information on markets, cultures and competitors.
• Market research exclusively relevant to individual businesses.
• Help in developing a business strategy and action plan.
• Sourcing information on prospective buyers/partners.
• ‘Passport to Export' and ‘Gateway to Global Growth' programmes that provide tailored support and funding to implement export action plans.
• Help with marketing and communications.
How Do I contact UKTI?